Home / Articles / Tablet PCs / How to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100

How to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100

How to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100
Authors: Anton Muchychka
How to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100
  • Currently 4 out of 5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rating: 4/5 (2 votes cast)

Thank you for rating!

You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!

Your rating has been changed, thanks for rating!

Log in or create a user account to rate this page.

First, let's mention the main parts of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100:

• Display module - consists of a sensor plate and display. In this model you can replaced the plate and display separately.
  • Battery - if Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 doesn't turn on or restart, the reason is its battery and it's time to replace it.

But first things first…

Using a pick you need to hook around the perimeter of the sensor plate and remove the back cover.

Remove the back cover
Hook around the perimeter of the sensor plate
Hook around the perimeter of the sensor plate 2

Then gently separate the tablet and the back cover. You have to be particularly careful with the area around the headphone jack. You should also keep in mind that if you forget to pull out the SIM card or memory card before the disassembly you will definitely break the cover or jacks.

Separate the tablet and the back cover

That's mostly it. Further disassembly of this tablet is very simple.

Disconnect the power supply.

Disconnect the power supply

Unscrew the bolts which secure the battery.

Unscrew the bolts which secure the battery

Now disconnect all the cables.

Now disconnect all the cables

Remove the battery.

Remove the battery

Disconnect the camera, speakers, etc. then remove the motherboard.

Disconnect the camera, speakers
Remove the motherboard

Pre-conclusion

In general, this Samsung tablet is well-constructed and easy to repair (for example if you need to replace the battery).

Conclusion

Important notice: do not repair or modify this device if it has warranty.

Read also

Discussion (total 27 comments)

dissapointed owner
August 23, 2013 at 05:45 pm
mine broke down one month after I bought it :(
sooo difficult to open it in order to check the battery
Mike Dolan
October 23, 2013 at 05:31 am
where do I get a pick?
Administrator User
Administrator User
October 26, 2013 at 08:22 am
You can buy it in any online shop, just use a name: plastic opening tools.
Min
January 01, 2014 at 05:48 pm
Thanks for this useful informations.
Mine was unable to boot up/no responde. I know i just need to reset it by removing the battery. The problem is i dont know how to open the cover.
Now after read this and removing and put back again all working again. Thanks again.
gqpatrol
January 01, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Hi
After replacing battery touch not working on screen any ideas
Chris White
January 03, 2014 at 12:50 am
Thanks so much - I disconnected and reconnected my battery on what I thought was a dead tablet ... I was this close to forking over $350 on a new one!
January 03, 2014 at 09:15 am
For gqpatrol. Recheck a connection of a multi-wire planar cable (the touchscreen is connected to the motherboard by the second multi-wire planar cable).
Tabowner
February 04, 2014 at 04:03 am
Is there a charge controller chip on the motherboard that can be replaced? My tablet is stuck at "0% charging".
[this is for the N8000]. Would changing the battery help? The problem started after it discharged for a while and then wouldnt charge back up. It does boot when on the mains charger and works fine otherwise.
Thanks.
February 06, 2014 at 03:57 am
Hello Tebowner!
First of all you have to replace the battery on the working one. But, you must be sure that new battery works fine. There is a warning for everybody, do not leave your battery discharged to 0% for a long time, actually do not leave it in such condition at all. The inner scheme in the battery blocks the battery and there is no way to repair it, only buy new one.

Back to your case, if the battery replacement doesn't help, then just replace the charger chip.
Khassa
February 14, 2014 at 05:06 pm
Is it easy to change the sim card reader on the tab 2 10.1 p5100? My tab keeps asking to insert sim, I have tried many different sims, also the 3g data is enabled. I have another p5100 and the sim cards work fine on that one.
I have also flashed the tab with a stock rom, to try update firmware, but no change.

Is there any other fixes for this or do I just change the Sim card reader.

I would appreciate any comments or guidance on this, also if I need to change sim card reader, is it easy?
Zamir
February 18, 2014 at 04:29 pm
Hello Anton, I've got a problem. My screen is broken and i bought a new digitizer. I connect the cable from my new digitizer. And leave the broken digitizer on my tablet, this way i can test the new digitizer without getting of the old one. But if i connect the new digitizer it's not working, but the old one does when i reconnect it. I've tried two new digitizers but same problem. I tried this with 4 broken Galaxy Tab's i have for repair. The digitizers don't work on one of them. Do you know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks
February 19, 2014 at 02:24 am
Hello Khassa!
Replacement of SIM card slot without a special equipment and special skills is not possible. But, you can try to clean the SIM slot by using a piece of paperboard which must be the same shape as SIM card, also with the same thickness as the SIM card. Just moisten the piece of paperboard in alcohol and try to insert-remove the piece of paperboard several times in the same way as SIM card.
February 26, 2014 at 01:46 pm
Hi Zamir!
It always worked for me. Samsung's screens are high quality and I have never experienced such problems. Did you try a new digitizer on other tables which didn't work on your table?
Peter Watts
May 05, 2014 at 11:47 am
Hi -- I'm interested in buying the Samsung Tab 8.4 Pro -- but as a precaution, it's expensive and I want to make sure it'll last for years to come (with replacing the battery) -- do you know where I can get a new OEM (not 3rd party) battery for the 8.4 Pro and do you have a tear down for the 8.4 Pro? Thanks!
May 28, 2014 at 06:07 am
Hello Peter Watts!
When a new device is presented you can't find any parts on it, but you don't need it, because of warranty. Parts will appear later in some time on ebay and other shops.
Daniele
July 08, 2014 at 09:46 am
Replacing the sim socket is quite simple, however you need right tools: a friend of mine did the job, he desoldered the broken sim socket (it was broken by a sim card adapter); first he tried to desolder the socket with hot air and a special tool to detach the socket once it was desoldered but it didn't work. So he used a special welder with a pump which sucked the molten tin (first he applied some flux to the pins).
At the same time he used a cutter to slowly detach the socket.
Once it was detached he cleaned the board with a spray and he soldered the new socket (8,50 Euros on ebay) in the motherboard (it needed a fine-tip soldering iron and a fixed magnifying glass): you have to mechanically fix it on the board befaore soldering, in fact the socket has to mechanical pins.
Total time: 1,5 hours.
Salish
July 16, 2014 at 05:53 am
My Tab GT P5100 reboots in every two minutes, I tried to do a factory reset, but couldn't do it , there is an error
not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available) while doing it, any suggestions?
John Jasper
July 28, 2014 at 07:23 pm
Thanks for this great info. One minor point - I struggled for about an hour before finding out how to disconnect and reconnect the power supply cable (it lifts up and then apparently just drops back into the socket) but in the end, I got there and just having disconnected that one plug got the charging operating again. The connectors are too fragile to experiment with and I managed to snap this one in half at the middle connector but fortunately was able to get it to hold together and secured with sticky tape. Hope this info helps those who follow after me. :o)
July 30, 2014 at 09:20 am
Hello Salish!
Unfortunately I can't help you in this way. You need to do a diagnostics which can be only done in a service center.
samsung user
September 12, 2014 at 08:34 pm
Hi Salish,
Unfortunately, your problem is known as emmc brickbug. For now it can't be repaired. If I'm not mistaken you need to replace the motherboard.
Rovita Nayiga
January 02, 2015 at 07:29 am
Anton my sd card is stuck in my simcard slot
Ian edwards
April 25, 2015 at 04:04 pm
I have a question that nobody has been able to help me with. I ordered a screen to replace on my galaxy tab 2 10.1 and in the process of putting it on(which went really well) I broke the part that the digitizer slides back in to, the cable is fine but how do I replace the part that it snaps into? Or is that part replaceable.
April 27, 2015 at 02:16 am
Please, make a picture of your broken part and send me it, using a contact form on the website.
tim
June 23, 2015 at 09:34 pm
im having the same problem zamir is having help me out
herapus
June 27, 2015 at 05:10 am
Same problem like zamir.

I connect the new digitizer and it's not working. I have tried two new digitizers but same problem.
ademola
October 30, 2015 at 09:29 am
I need a motherboard for samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 with sim card slot
michelle
June 14, 2016 at 04:21 am
Will this work for galaxy tab P7510 as well? The same steps?

Log in or create a user account to post a comment.

hardware.today